Hello beautiful friends. It’s been a long time since we last connected.
Time changes everything. So much LIFE happens in the shortest spans of time.
Today, I’d like to share a few lessons I’m learning on the subject of Grief.
Grief is a teacher. According to an article in Psychology Today, ” The sadness serves an important function. It takes the focus of our attention away from the world around us so that we can begin the mental reset. “
“The sadness seems to slow the world down and it sharpens our cognitive capability.”
Research demonstrates that “sadness” makes our appraisals of the world and of ourselves more accurate than usual.”
Are you sitting with Grief right now? Does it feel heavy, often unbearable, and leave you feeling like you are not sure you can handle it?
Thoughts I am sitting with after the recent death of my father:
- What does Grief have to teach us?
- With whom can we share this grief to fully process it and bring it into existence?
- Grief is our guiding light, shepherding us into healing.
- Grief gives our Hearts the chance to turn inwards.
- Grief, no matter how heavy can be surrounded and outweighed by the lightness, brightness, and healing power of LOVE.
What comes up for you? What has experience with grief taught you?
With love and admiration for your courage and resilience to keep showing up!
In loving memory of my father, Charles William DeBough, 9.19.1945- 7.21.2020